I set a goal of playing with more than words: crayons, cards, markers, etc.
The free projects are fun because they’re free. Then again, to balance things out, I do find an affordable project to try now and again. The collection of ‘assignments’ can be found here, too
- Memory Swap: Sitting on the floor in the corner just beneath the front window of the library, a stack of counting books and other picture books beside me and reading – no interruptions.
- Love Note: You brighten another’s day with your kindness, your smile. Thank you for enlightening my day.
- 50 Things to do: (My send to an unknown recipient; my getting someone else’s 50 things in return.)
- Mix Tapes: Send a collection of your top ten favorite songs; get someone else’s 10 in return.
50 Things To Do (that I sent)
1. Spend a day in a public library.
2. Visit a museum.
3. Listen to a children’s choir.
4. Go to the aquarium.
5. See a play.
10. Pencil-sketch a personal postage stamp.
11. Write a thank you card to a teacher.
12. Write a note to a favorite author.
13. Encourage a young artist.
14. Encourage a young-at-heart artist.
15. See Shakespeare in the park.
16. Ride/drive an ATV.
18. Skydive – either indoors or outdoors.
19. White water rafting.
20. Make a blanket/quilt.
21. Warm someone with a new coat.
22. Read at a local school or senior center.
23. Volunteer at a thrift shop.
24. Make an entire shopping trip devoted to donations to a food bank.
25. Play with clay.
27. Travel to a different state/providence you’ve never been to before.
28. Ride a ferry.
29. Travel by train.
30. Hike a mountain trail.
32. Read/re-read at least five childhood stories.
33. Read/re-read five classics.
34. Listen to an audiobook you ordinarily wouldn’t choose.
35. Learn to play a new instrument.
36. Take and share photos.
37. Send postcards to friends you’ve lost touch with.
38. Learn a new language.
39. Bring a family dish to a potluck/party.
40. Plant a small garden.
41. Write a song/poem for yourself, a friend, relative or just because.
42. Send homemade cards for birthdays/holidays.
43. Design a comic strip.
44. Go fishing.
45. Design a puzzle.
46. Spend the day with a friend and learn something new.
47. Doodle daily for a month.
48. Watch a sunrise/sunset.
49. Learn the geology/history of where you live.
50. Laugh daily
Pingback: Seven Days | Tommia's Tablet