All right, I’ll bite. Old photo for today’s Daily Prompt:
Look in the mirror. Does the person you see match the person you feel like on the inside? How much stock do you put in appearances?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us MIRRORED.
I’m not good on reflective questions like these (pun intended). I not only have a PhD in Procrastination, but a degree in deflection on this.
No, I suppose I could take pause and reflect. I’ll say it’s a match I guess. Well, not the current photo above – those who know me know where to ‘find’ me (and no, I will NOT do Facebook!). Finally slightly thinner, hair’s shorter, camera’s bigger and I don’t slouch as much as I think I do (a few have other leanings on this).
If I were asked five or ten years ago if I saw myself where I am now (still adjusting to that move now two weeks/two days old, depending on how one wants to read files), I’d be doubtful.
Well, I always assumed I’d retire from a classroom like many of the teachers and mentors I have admired and been thankful for. I always thought my ‘second career’ would be as a librarian. So I’m in a different kind of classroom, with much more to learn (and have more excitement for that than fear, like I first thought). My ‘second career’ could be melded into this new one; I could say I’m a curator who happens to work with much more than books.
As for the creative soul on the inside- I’ve had fun in trying a variety of projects, meeting and working with different artists, and actually put a book to post! There are some endeavors I’ve done while in Denver that I probably won’t dare pick up here, but the quiet shell remains for a less-than-quiet person.
Appearances? On any given weekend, I’ll remain comfortable in jeans and a sweatshirt, not a care about the hair, and pay no mind to the condition of the socks on my feet (if I wear them). But now I’m rambling…
Here are some others reflective posts on today’s prompt:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- The Mirrored Self | The Magic Black Book
- Fishing | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily prompt: Mirror Mirror | The Wandering Poet
- They tell a different story | Hope* the happy hugger
- Insanity | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt: Mirror Mirror | Thoughts of an INFP
- Infinity Pool | Exploratorius | Photo Hack & Curious Wanderer
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- of rituals « Anawnimiss
- I Have a Secret, I am Superman – Daily prompt: Mirrored | Eikons
- The Many Masks We Wear | Rose-tinted Rambles
- Dolomiten Spiegelungen | Foto Challenge
- DP Daily Prompt: Mirror,Mirror | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: mirror mirror | Attempted Human Relations and Self
- She stole my face | writemybrainsout
- Mirror, Mirror: You’re always Exotic Somewhere « psychologistmimi
- Mirror, mirror | Sue’s Trifles
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Now and then I will make an effort to deal with the current mug… | thoughtsofrkh
- Naked Selfie | 365 days of defiance
- Mirror Mirror – Daily Prompt « My journey to qualify for the Boston Marathon…and everything in between…
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror | Awl and Scribe
- Look away and I will be gone | Vampire Maman
- Skinny bashing. | jaguarsden
- Daily Prompt: Mirror, Mirror | “The Ish,” presented by the Bohemian Rock Star
- Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder | marjanitalarosa
- Daily Prompt: Mirror Mirror: What have you done with the girl I used to be? | storyofmylife1993
- Daily Prompt: More Than Skin Deep | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: Mirror Mirror | Elizabeth Melton Parsons
- Daily Prompt: Mirror Mirror on the Wall | 2far2shout
- A Russian Doll of masks: Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Daily prompt: Unexpected | Stories from aside
- Hairball | Wanderlein
- Looking At Myself | Living and Lovin
- Mirror, Mirror | The Nameless One
- Looking in the Mirror «
- A stranger stared back at me. | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Mirrored | Lostinthot
- Is that you? | Dance with the Rain
- The reflection | Raspberry’s Daydreams
- Mirror, Mirror – Passionately Bored
- 7 Years of Bad Luck | We Don’t Do Easy
- My soul in the mirror | Busy Mind Thinking