Today’s Daily Prompt asks: If you were to judge your favorite book by its cover, would you still read it?
Wandering in the book aisles was the consolation ‘prize’ I had on errands day with my parents as a child. The deal was I was always allowed to get a book. Every time. (Yes, this was how I was spoiled).
“Murphy’s Boy” caught my attention because of how scared the boy looked. I grabbed it, intent on claiming the book mine, not suspecting it could be deemed ‘over my head.’
That was the first time my father took the book from me and said ‘no.’ He immediately told me to find another while he read the back of the one I had.
“Mosquito Coast” caught my attention, not because I recognized Han Solo ( I didn’t) but because I was curious as to why ‘he went too far.’
After parental approval, I did get to read “Murphy’s Boy.” (One of the rare times we traded ‘swap the books,’ because Dad decided to read both of my choices).
I judged these books by their covers and I’d do it again.
How about you?
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Judgement Day – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Daily Prompt: Judgement Day | Ten Thousand Dancing Stars
- Daily Prompt: Judgement Day « Mama Bear Musings
- It’s the 21st Century: There Is No Excuse for A Bad Cover | Ramisa the Authoress
- Judgment Day | First Impressions and Eye-Catchers | Death By Any Other Name
- DP – Judgement Day | Life With Pink Princesses
- The Lights Are On | Conversations
- False Impression. | ayimas
- Never Judge a Book by its Cover | بيسان
- Daily Prompt: Judgment Day | Of Glass & Paper
- Daily Prompt: Judging This Book By Its Cover… | Creative Mysteries
- Sometimes A Picture Or Book Cover Is Worth Three Words – “Not For Me” | The Jittery Goat
- Down here we all float… | thoughtsofrkh
- Why I Don’t Judge a Book By Its Cover | Stuphblog