Unbelievable

a-to-z-letters-uToday’s Daily Prompt asks, “If you could clone yourself, how would you split up your responsibilities?”

If I were a clone now, one of me would be at work, well, maybe two of me or maybe three of me, to get the tasks done. There are days I feel like I am pulled in three directions at once with what feels like very little accomplished, but I digress.

Would I really spend all of me/that time at work? Of course not. There’s the creative play (keeping up on writing, photography, other artistic/creative endeavors), learn to play the cello, exercise classes and personal learning goals (too long to list, but languages, law and logic top it) while the ‘real me’ would take advantage of bible studies and other things I miss.

Now that I think about it, the whole thing’s just silly, I’m beside myself!

This entry was posted in Blogging from A to Z, Ponderings and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Unbelievable

1. dmauldin53 says:

I like the way you ‘killed two birds with one stone’. Looks like you are doing well on time management. 🙂 It is mind boggling to think of the possibility of another me. So much could be done with that.
    #1215
    A to Z April Blogging Challenge

• tommiaw says:

Thanks. Granted, probably would do better ‘doubling my life expectancy’ by focusing on what matters, let trivial/maddening things slide. (smile)

2. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Clone Wars | بيسان

3. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Clone Wars « Mama Bear Musings

4. Mari Collier says:

There simply are not enough hours in a day anymore for me to do all the things that interest me. I do what is necessary, what is possible, and thank the Lord for each day.

• tommiaw says:

True importance on giving thanks for each day the Lord gives. Now if I can only properly narrow my focus on what is necessary – letting go of what is missed.

5. Pingback: Daily Prompt: Cloning My Responsibilities | My Daily Prompt Blog

6. Pingback: Clones not Drones | The Impossible

7. Laura Eno says:

Ah, yes. The question really is: how many clones would you need? The answer for me would be: many. Like you, there’s so much I’d like to explore. Maybe someone will invent more hours in the day instead. 🙂

• tommiaw says:

I like that option! Then again, would be nice to reverse the focus of things as we age – in terms of ‘shoulds’ and ‘coulds’ of what we do daily. (smile)

8. JD says:

I wish I could dive more into a Bible study! I feel like it’s so important and yet the day always gets away from me. Then I’m always finding myself squeezing 10 minutes in at the end of a long day.

• tommiaw says:

That is such a challenge, too! I’m thankful for the short morning devotions I get in my email collection – saving that as the last read before going off to work. As for Bible studies proper – alas, where I go, one doesn’t exist.

9. Pingback: Daily Promp: Clone Wars | Everyday Adventures

Drop a Note.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s